VasCenter.com can provide you with all the information you
need to make an educated decision about vasectomy. It is important that your
vasectomy is performed by an experienced urologist. In some
areas vasectomies are performed by family practitioners and
general surgeons who don't have as much training in this surgical
procedure and may not know how to take care of complications,
should they arise. Our Find A Doctor service will help
you locate a urologist in your area.
- The failure rate of birth control pill is up to 30 per
- The failure rate of tubal ligation is up to 4 per 1000.
- The failure rate of vasectomy is only 1 to 3 per 1000.
- The cost of birth control pill averages $30 per month.
If you are paying for this out of pocket, that is significant,
especially considering that vasectomy is usually covered
by insurance. If it is not covered, paying out of pocket
for vasectomy pays for itself in eighteen to twenty-one
- Vasectomy is a procedure that can be done in the office
under local anesthesia, but tubal ligation requires the
woman to be hospitalized and is done under general or spinal
anesthesia, therefore it is much easier for the man to undergo
vasectomy than it is for the woman to undergo tubal ligation.
- The cost of tubal ligation is $2000-$4000 versus the cost
of a Vasectomy at $500-$1000.
- Vasectomy education section will discuss all relevant
areas from frequently asked questions (FAQs) to expected
costs and complications. Areas include vasectomy, no scalpel vasectomies, and vasectomy reversals.
- Physician locator will guide you to a VasCenter urologist
in your area utilizing your zip code.
- Special "Women-only" section will be tailored
to help women evaluate vasectomy and other urology procedures.
- Links to other urology information sections will be provided.
- Links to VasCenter Affiliate websites.